Business Insurance Huntington Beach, CA
Most Orange County small business owners will agree on one thing: being in control of your own destiny is incredibly rewarding.
But entrepreneurship also comes with a lot of responsibility.
No matter your industry, owning a small business comes with inherent risks:
- A customer slips and falls on your coffee shop’s freshly mopped floors
- Your refrigerator breaks down and you lose your entire inventory due to spoilage
- A long-term employee steals substantial amount of money by writing unauthorized checks.
For these reasons (and many others), it’s especially important to protect your assets.
As a small business owner in Huntington Beach, CA, a commercial insurance policy can protect you from financial catastrophe if something unexpectedly goes awry.
What is a Business Owner’s Policy?
A Business Owners Policy (BOP) is designed for small to medium-sized businesses; it combines protection for various property damage and general liability risks in a single bundle. On average, it’s cheaper to purchase than a la carte commercial insurance coverages.
Each standard BOP, which can be customized to fit your business operations, combines the following coverages into one commercial insurance policy:
- BUILDING PROTECTION – Helps to cover the cost of property damage in the event of a loss. This type of coverage is especially helpful if you own the space where you operate your business OR you rent and have remodeled the interior.
- BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY – Covers the cost of damaged, lost, or stolen business property that isn’t physically attached to the building (e.g., desks, computers, phones, TVs).
- GENERAL LIABILITY – Protects you if a customer is injured or damages their personal property while on your premises. (If you’re liable, this coverage can help pay for medical expenses and legal costs if the incident leads to a lawsuit.)
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION – Designed to replace lost net income and fixed expenses while your business is closed due to a covered loss.
- EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN – Protects from short and long-term consequences associated with sudden and accidental damage or malfunctions (e.g., mechanical breakdowns).
- ELECTRONIC DATA – Pays for the cost to replace or restore eligible electronic data due to harmful code that damages or destroys any part of the computer system.
Does My Business Need General Liability Insurance?
While liability coverage is not required for every type of Orange County business, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not having it in place.
Contact our Huntington Beach, CA agency to determine what type of coverage limits are best suited for your particular business model.
Do I Really Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
Many Huntington Beach small business owners mistakenly believe that their personal auto policy will cover them in the event of a business-related accident.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your vehicle primarily used for the purposes of operating a business?
- Are you using your vehicle(s) to transport goods or people for a fee?
- Is your vehicle registered under the name of a partnership or corporation rather than an individual person?
- Do any of your employees drive your vehicle(s) on a regular or occasional basis?
- Does your vehicle exceed 10,000 pounds or have a load capacity of over 2,000 pounds?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, contact our Huntington Beach, CA agency to learn more about commercial insurance options.
5 Standard Coverages in a Business Auto Policy:
- LIABILITY INSURANCE – Protects you in the event that you or one of your employees is at fault in an accident and injures another person(s) and / or damages their property.
- COLLISION INSURANCE – Helps pays for damage to your vehicle if you collide with another car or stationary object, or if someone hits your parked vehicle.
- COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE – Assists in repairing damage to your vehicle which was not caused by a collision (i.e., theft, fire, vandalism, windstorm, or hitting an animal).
- MEDICAL PAYMENTS – Helps pay for medical costs or funeral expenses if you and / or one of your employees is injured or killed in an accident no matter who is at fault.
- UNINSURED / UNDERINSURED MOTORIST – Helps protect you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident by a driver with little or no vehicle insurance.
Other Types of Business Insurance Coverage
Not in the market for a BOP or commercial auto policy? We offer a wide range of business insurance coverages to suit your needs.
A LA CARTE
- General Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability
- Errors + Omissions
- Workers Compensation
VOLUNTARY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Accident & Disability
- Critical Illness
- Insurance Broker
- Contractor’s License
- Probate or Fiduciary
SoCal Insurance & Financial Services in Huntington Beach, CA – Your Trusted Auto Insurance Advisors
- Providing Top-Rated Service to Orange County, CA Business Owners for 35+ Years
- Protect your Business with Highly Rated Coverage Tailored to Your Specific Needs
- Less than 4 Miles from Huntington Beach Pier and downtown Main Street
- Call Our Huntington Beach Office to Get Started on a Quote Today!