Your Trusted Provider of Condo Insurance in Huntington Beach and Southern California
Home to near-perfect weather, over 40 miles of scenic coastline, and a tight-knit community of surfers, it’s no surprise that Huntington Beach is one of the most highly sought-after places to own a condo in Southern California.
Whether you already own a condominium in Huntington Beach or you’re considering buying, it’s likely one of your biggest investments. That’s why securing reliable condo insurance is crucial. As a leading provider of condo insurance in Huntington Beach and throughout Orange County, we understand the unique needs of Southern California condo owners.
Don’t leave your investment unprotected. Whether you’re searching for ‘condo insurance near me’ or specifically seeking condo homeowners insurance in Southern California, we’re here to help. Remember, when it comes to your biggest investment, you simply can’t afford to skimp on condo insurance.
Text Us to Compare Quotes
SoCal Insurance & Financial Services offers some of the best rates in California.
Contact our insurance agency to see how much you can save.
Wp runner improved design
For approval, hidden from Frontend
Understanding the Basics of Condo Insurance: Your Guide to Condo Homeowners Insurance in Huntington Beach, Orange County, and Southern California
Owning a condominium in Southern California, especially in areas like Huntington Beach and Orange County, is an excellent alternative to renting an apartment or owning a home. But since it’s a unique type of residence, it requires a specialized type of coverage, known as condo insurance.
Condo insurance, also referred to as HO-6 insurance, shares similarities with a standard homeowners insurance policy. However, one of the biggest differences between homeowners insurance and condo insurance is the extent of protection required.
When you own a home, you own everything –– the foundation, the roof, the garage, and any other structures on the property. This is where dwelling coverage comes into play. But with a condo, your insurance needs are different. That’s why we offer tailored condo insurance near you, providing the right coverage for condo owners in Huntington Beach, Orange County, and throughout Southern California.
Our condo homeowners insurance policies are designed to meet the unique needs of condo owners, ensuring you have the right protection for your valuable investment.
Just like homeowner insurance, our condo insurance, also known as HO-6 insurance, is designed to safeguard you, your family, and your condominium in Southern California against sudden and accidental loss.
Our standard coverage for an individual condo insurance policy in Huntington Beach and Orange County breaks down into seven categories:
- Building property protection: This aspect of our condo homeowners insurance helps to rebuild internal structures in your condo, including cabinetry, countertops, flooring, window coverings, and more.
- Personal property coverage: Our condo insurance protects your possessions (e.g., clothing, TV, furniture, bedding) on an actual cash value or replacement cost basis if they’re stolen or damaged.
- Liability coverage: This crucial part of our condo insurance in Southern California safeguards you and your family in the event you’re found legally responsible for injuries or damages to another party.
- Additional living expenses: Our condo insurance near you helps reimburse for increased costs incurred as a result of your home being inhabitable (e.g., lodging, meals).
- Guest medical expense coverage: This feature of our condo insurance in Huntington Beach helps pay for injuries sustained to other persons who were hurt while on your premises.
- Fair rental income: Our condo insurance in Orange County reimburses for lost rent if the home becomes inhabitable.
Loss assessments coverage: This covers your share of costs for building damage or special assessments like roof repairs under our condo homeowners insurance.
In addition to these, we offer the option to add additional coverages to your condo insurance policy, some of which include scheduled personal property, loss assessment, identity theft, and extended protection.
What Does My Condo Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover in Huntington Beach, Orange County, and Southern California?
While the following isn’t an exhaustive list, these are the typical covered losses you can expect from our condo insurance policies, a must-have for condo homeowners in Southern California:
- Falling objects
- Freezing of plumbing
- Theft & vandalism
- Wind & hail
What Our Condo Insurance in Huntington Beach and Orange County Does Not Cover: Standard condo insurance, also known as HO-6 insurance, typically does not cover floods, earthquakes, mechanical breakdowns (e.g., a broken dishwasher), and water damage due to long-term causes such as slow leaks or sewage backup. If you’re searching for ‘condo insurance near me’, look no further. We’re committed to providing comprehensive condo homeowners insurance tailored to the unique needs of Southern California residents.
Get Your Free Quote
We offer some of the most competitive insurance in Huntington Beach, CA.
Contact our insurance agency to receive a no-obligation quote:
5 Common Questions We Get About HO-6 Insurance
- MY CONDO ASSOCIATION ALREADY HAS A MASTER POLICY. WHY DO I NEED MY OWN?
Most master policies only cover the structure and common areas; they do not cover the inside features of your individual unit. As the owner, it is your sole responsibility to make sure your fixtures, alterations, and/or personal belongings are properly insured.
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DWELLING COVERAGE FOR HOMEOWNER INSURANCE VS. HO-6 INSURANCE?
In a homeowners policy, it helps pay to repair/rebuild the physical structure of a house and attached structures if they are damaged by a covered peril. With a condominium, repairs to anything outside your unit would generally be the HOA’s responsibility.
- MY CONDO ASSOCIATION HAS BEEN SUED DUE TO AN INJURY ON COMMON AREAS. HOW DOES THIS IMPACT ME?
In the event your master policy has insufficient limits to pay for the person’s injury, loss assessment coverage can help offset your individual responsibility.
- I’M RENTING A CONDO IN ORANGE COUNTY. DO I NEED HO-6 INSURANCE?
No. If you are renting any type of residence, you would be covered under renters insurance.
- HOW MUCH DO CONDO INSURANCE POLICIES TYPICALLY COST?
It varies depending on individual needs. But typically in CA, coverage can be secured for as little as $1.50 per day.